Worldwide medical scholarships
The value of producing qualified doctors and medical researchers is widely acknowledged around the world. This is one of the reasons why graduate scholarships for medical students are widely available at medical schools all over the world.
Medical school scholarships are less popular at the undergraduate level. There are, however, a number of ways for students to obtain funding for a first degree in health and medical topics, encompassing a variety of program kinds. Check for scholarship possibilities in your field of interest, whether it’s tropical medicine or genetic illness.
Here are some instances of medical scholarships available at different degree levels throughout the world.
If you are seeking for nursing scholarships, you may find them here. There is also a list of veterinary scholarships available.
To further your education in Australia or New Zealand
- AFPHM John Snow Scholarship – Medical scholarships from The Royal Australasian College of Physicians, awarded to students at accredited medical schools and universities in Australia and New Zealand.
- Auckland University John Hamel MacGregor Award in Medical Science – Medical scholarships for international and domestic students to study for a Bachelor of Medical Science or a postgraduate research degree at the University of Auckland in New Zealand.
- University of Wollongong Scholarships – A variety of medical school scholarships to support studies at the University of Wollongong’s Faculty of Science, Medicine, and Health in Australia.
- Melbourne University Scholarships for High Achievement in Bachelor of Medical Science – Scholarships for high-achieving students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science at the University of Melbourne to help with living expenses while studying in Melbourne.
Studying in North America
- AMA Minority Scholars Award – Medical scholarships for minority students pursuing a career in medicine in the United States. African-Americans, Alaska Natives, American Indians, Hispanics, and Native Hawaiians are all eligible.
- International Guest Scholarships from the American College of Surgeons – International scholarships for graduates aged 35-50 interested in medical teaching or research to study and conduct research in the United States.
- AMWA Awards – The American Medical Women’s Association provides scholarships and fellowships to all AMWA student members.
- ASCP Siemens Scholarships – A variety of medical school scholarships for graduate medical technologists, technicians, and scientists to study at certain medical schools in the United States.
- ASME Grants & Fellowships – A selection of worldwide scholarships for medical students, professors, and researchers to further their study in the United States and abroad.
- Edith SeVille Coale Scholarships – Scholarships for third-year medical students studying in the United States at one of four medical schools around Washington, DC, including Johns Hopkins University’s School of Medicine.
- Harvard Medical School – Available medical scholarships include the Emirates Cardiac Society Scholarships, with students from the United Arab Emirates given precedence.
Cumming School of Medicine Awards at the University of Calgary – Doctoral scholarships for students enrolling in the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program at the University of Calgary in Canada.
- The US Army Health Professions Scholarship Program will cover 100% of the tuition for any qualified medical, dentistry, veterinary, psychology, or optometry program in the United States or Puerto Rico. Only available to US citizens.
- Diverse Medical Scholars Program of the United Health Foundation/NMF – Medical students that identify with a minority group, are US citizens, and are presently enrolled in medical school can apply for one of 32 $10,000 (£8,270) prizes.
- The Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship provides a $1,000 stipend to a US student or permanent resident studying a medical-related degree. To apply, you must write an essay explaining why you are interested in health care, with an emphasis on drug addiction and mental health.
- Tylenol Future Care Scholarship – 10 awards of $10,000 and 30 awards of $5,000 are available for students seeking careers in healthcare. To apply, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student and a US or Puerto Rican citizen.
Studying in Europe
- AMC Amsterdam Merit Scholarships – Medical school scholarships for non-EU/EEA students pursuing a master’s degree at the University of Amsterdam’s Faculty of Medicine in the Netherlands.
- Carl Duisberg Scholarships – Medical scholarships of up to €10,000 (£8,420) for students presently completing their clinical training or practice year in specified medical specialties. International students intending to study in Germany and German students wishing to study abroad are both eligible candidates.
- Novo Nordisk Foundation Research Grants & Grants – Research scholarships for students doing clinical or fundamental biomedical research in Denmark.
- The Karolina Institute Global Master’s Scholarships – Scholarships for international students to study at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden at the master’s level.
To study in the United Kingdom:
- Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine – A variety of scholarships are available to study medicine at Imperial College London, including an MBBS or BSc.
- King’s College London Global Health & Social Medicine – One bursary award for enrollment into the BA/BSc degree program in Global Health & Social Medicine at the institution. All nationalities are welcome.
- NHS Student Bursaries – One of the most prominent funding bodies in the UK for medical students, the NHS offers large numbers of grants every year to students who are studying medicine. Eligibility varies, but generally these bursaries are only available to residents of England.
- Need-based scholarships for medical and dental students studying at Queen Mary UQMUL John Abernethy (Barts) Scholarship for Medicine university of London on an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) program.
- UCLan MBBS Scholarships – Scholarships for UK students from the North West of England to study an MBBS degree at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan).
- University of Cambridge Graduate Course in Medicine Bursary – Scholarships for medical students from the EU to study at the University of Cambridge.
- University of Edinburgh/Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh – Scholarships to pursue an MSc in Internal Medicine, a three-year part-time online distance learning degree given by the University of Edinburgh.